Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving Day 11-24-11

Happy thanksgiving everyone!
      I'm sure you guys are all gathering at Ken and Monica's today. I will be thinking of you all! Have a great time and go Cowboys. Today we missionaries are assembling injury kits for a huge service project and having devotionals all day. Score :)
      The last few days have been harder than the first few. I've sort of hit a wall with the language for a few days, and I'm not gonna lie - I've been having some country music withdrawals. But I'm sure I'll bounce back next week - The Spirit won't let me stay down for long! Meanwhile, I've been learning so much about how to teach and how to relate to the investigator and base the lesson around them. I've been spending a lot of my free time reading the BOM too. It's so good.
      So guess who came and spoke to us on Tues.? Elder D. Todd Christoferson. Apostle of The Lord. I am SO lucky!!! It was so good. I'm amazed at how, if you're listening, The Spirit will always tell you what you need to hear, no matter how the message is relayed. It can speak to you through Preach my Gospel, the scriptures, OR an apostle. The Spirit whispered the same messages to me through all three this week. The Spirit will let you know what you need to know. I feel like I'm making strides all the time understanding The Spirit and how it works. It works in mysterious ways, and my favorite part is figuring out the mystery :)
      I'm glad scotty's team is doin good. I'm so glad he's playing guard. It's the best position. And that coach better be workin them into shape! He's gotta make up for all the conditioning he didn't get during football. haha. I've been playin ball too - mtc bball is the best. There's an Elder here who is ranked #3 in Canada!!!!! He is soooo sick. So sick. He was a 3 sport athlete in high school though, and he chose to come play football at BYU on a full ride scholarship instead. He's gonna be a slot receiver in two years, so keep an eye out for him. His name is Elder Ralph.
      I'm happy to hear Dave is loving his new room haha :) I knew he would. That bed is the best.
      Keep me updated on everything you guys are up to! Mail is like Christmas every day. Love you all.
 
Purify your hearts and be safe!
 
-Elder Clarke
 

No comments:

Post a Comment