Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Family!! Hello!

It´s been an interesting week.... but another good week of learning in the mission. We didn´t get to do as much work this week as we wanted for 3 reasons:

Number 1) Elder Rich got sick this week and we had to stay in the house for about a day and a half..... que triste. I gave him a blessing though (my first blessing ever in english - haha), and he´s doing fine now. For the time he was sick, I basically just studied all day, but I learned some fantastic things as I studied the Ensign issue about temples - preparing myself for the temple. Family is so much more eternally important than we can even grasp!! I had great insights. I´m so thankful each one of you is part of our wonderful family :) I´m so lucky to be a part of it!!! And we all have the privilege of loving each other and being part of each other´s lives FOREVER!!! After this life and forever. Fam.... I love you :)

Reason number 2)........ ¨AGUACERO¨!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Guys..... holy COW. The rain season really came with a bang. Like... dang. It rained so hard for a couple days that there were times we literally couldn´t leave our house. Flooded the street, and even a nearby house! Quite a shock to me really - I´ve only seen rain like that a couple of times in my life.

Reason number 3) Our house um........... got taken over by insects. We had to sleep outside for a night cuz it was so bad. I´d send you pictures, but the computer I´m on doesn´t give that option. Anyway.... just know that it was bad. Haha.

The good news? We have recovered from everything, and life is wonderful!!!! We had a good couple of days of work, and even got another baptismal date! Aldaír is his name. He goes to his grandma´s every day after school and takes care of her - he is such an example! He´s ripe and ready for the gospel. About 17. Our goal is that he be a future priesthood holder and strengthen the ward here in Panama (not to mention he could be friends with Carlos Lou - another recent convert about the same age.).

We also have a wonderful investigator named Elisa - a 16 year old friend of a young woman in our ward named Caroline. Caroline got her to come to church with her, and Elisa loved it!! So much so that she made it known she wanted to meet with the missionaries and learn more. Caroline and her mom are present at our lessons with her, and they are going super super well! We are planning on getting her a fecha soon too - we feel strongly she´ll get baptized. The members here are absolutely wonderful and such a help :)

Ok so Sunday.... Happy Easter everyone!!!! I loved my morning - nothing can ever take away that feeling of peace and joy of knowing there is still a day where the whole world acknowledges the birth of our Savior :) It turned out to be a FANTASTIC day at church. Carlos Lou recieved the Aaronic Priesthood and was called to be the 1st counseler in the teacher´s quorum!!!!!!! He is AWESOME. I love that kid. (P.S.... Dave, keep writing him - he is legit.) Also??? Shaíd recieved his temple recommend today, and is planning on going to do baptism´s for the dead soon with the ward!! SUCH a rewarding day to be a missionary.

So you´re probly wondering why I didn´t write until today, instead of Monday. The reason being? Today, I went to the TEMPLE!!! YES! Finally!! A session in the Panamá temple. It was so great. Just what I needed actually. I didn´t understand quite everything since it was in Spanish, but nothing can take away from the love I feel there while in The Lord´s house. I recieved some much needed guidance there this morning and I can´t wait to get started working tomorrow!!! It´s really amazing how much The Spirit will guide your thoughts and feelings if you are trying to live worthy of It and doing all you can to be the best you can. Especially in the Temple - I wish we could go there every P-Day.

Anyway, that´s all the time I have for today!! I love you all and hope you had a great Easter!!

-Elder Clarke

No comments:

Post a Comment