Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Another tough but good week

Family!!

            How are you all? I love you all so much and hope you´re doing well. I apologize for the letter a day late, but it´s because we went to the Temple!!!! So our P-Day got switched to today instead. Oh and man, did I need to go to the temple. It is such a beautiful place. I couldn´t help but feel the Spirit this morning as I walked up the staircase. The temple always helps me just take a step back and remember this great Plan that we´re a part of. It doesn´t matter what kind of trial I´m having, or how I feel - it doesn´t matter if I´m currently on a spiritual high or really down deep in the dumps.... He always loves me. And I always can feel that love at the Temple. It came just at the right time, and it was great morning.


           So this week blew by! It was another difficult week as far as investigators go, but there were some very rewarding moments as well. One of the best this week was our service project for Shaíd!! Dang!! Mom said you guys got those pictures from the ward so that´s great. It was such a great morning (Sat. morning)! Me, Elder Huallanca, and four other elders from the Elders Quorum helped build Shaíd a ramp for his wheelchair, so that he can get in and out of his house with this ugly rainy season. Most importantly, it will help him be able to come to church. The ramp is beautiful.... we did a pretty good job, if I don't say so myself. Shaíd was soo pleased!! One big smile, that man had. He used it the following day, and now he´s able to go to and from much easier. Such a worthwhile project :) I got sooo dirty though! I don´t know if my AF bball shirt will ever be the same... haha. My legs were sore for a few days, but man. Good good morning. It was great to get some of the other Elders there and involved too, so they can all be better friends at church.

             This past week we also had capacitationes (I think that means fireside in english) with President and his assistants. We learned all about how to become a better teacher from the assistants - It reminded me of how much I don´t know still... but that´s ok :) One of these days, I´ll arrive to be an amazing teacher. President gave us an IN-DEPTH lesson on The Apostasy..... I mean, really in-depth. It was really wonderful. Pres. is such an amazing guy. And he knows so much!! I know he truly was called by revelation.. the things he does here in Panamá on a daily basis for us missionaries... it´s incredible. Speaking of the man, he also came to our ward Sunday afternoon and spoke to all the youth about missions and missionary work. Got some youth pumped :) We helped him in the talk recite D&C section 4, and well as our missionary purpose. It was fun.

             Allright, so we´ve had a lot of progression lately with one of our investigators. His name is Kevins. 15 almost 16 years old, and has been assisting the chapel now for a few months with his buddy, Herman Rojas - he´s a priest in our ward. We've taught him a lot, and he´s learned a whole ton in the church. The only problem now is.... his Mom won´t let him get baptized. :( She says she wants him to wait till he´s 18 to make a choice. Mann... but we´re gonna keep talking to her, and we currently have Herman´s dad trying to help her as well. We invited her to church, but she won´t come :( It is discouraging. We could baptize him this upcoming Sat. if his Mom will just give him permission, but all in good time. The important thing is that his testimony is growing and he wants to get baptized. So whether it´s with us, or in a coulple years when he´s old enough, doesn´t matter. All in good time :)

             Ok so I said I was gonna share a cool experience this week..... it actually happened last week. But we started talking to a man in the street near the church. He told us he was on his way to go buy some drugs, and we were like "hey, we´ve got a better idea.... how bout you come talk to us about Christ at the church?" haha. So, we proceeded to go into a classroom in the church building, and shared with him the Plan of Salvation. He really enjoyed the lesson, but we have only been able to meet with him one time since then. Anyway, the spiritual part for me was when I shared with him the scripture Moses 1:39...ah man!! I can´t explain it, but like I said before, I just felt so much of Christ´s love for us in that moment! I almost cried! It was so wonderful. I don´t know if he felt what I did, but it really helped me and reminded me just how much Christ really does love and care for each of us.
Alright, our best investigator is still Melánia :) She is doing good. We had a brief setback during the week because her husband was telling her he doens´t want to get married anymore... but we think the problem has been solved. Elder Huallanca and I proceeded forth with the papers anyway, with the faith things would work out. When we took the papers to Melánia a few days later, she showed them to her husband that night and apparently things are going better now. I wish it wasn´t so hard to talk with him face-to-face. Things are looking like the marriage will just be a couple days before the 7th of July. Recently, Melánia´s ten year old daughter has started to join the lessons with us and has expressed to her Mom she wants to get baptized with her!! Yes!! It´s ALWAYS better to baptize someone with a family member - they´ve got constant support! So things are looking up with that :)
That is pretty much all the positive stuff that´s gone on this week here in Chorrera. Good solid week. Hoping that this week goes even better though. I´d like to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Mr. Stud #1, Dave! 18 years old. You sick man. Mom told me you´re workin like a work horse. Keep it up my man - can´t wait to get your letter :) Everyone have a good week! I love you dearly!


P.S.... Oh! I almost forgot! I wanted to tell you guys that a couple weeks ago I was able to watch "On The Lord´s Errand, Thomas S. Monson". Holy cow!!! It helped strengthen my testimony so much of our latter-day prophet! If you haven´t seen it, please watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment