Monday, August 1, 2011

I'm learning!

Recently, I have loved Sundays so much.
I mean, I've always liked them growing up and all. I have the best home ward ever. And I always really liked passing/blessing the sacrament. I love the people in my home ward. I think that's why I liked it so much. Plus... Grandma's house for Sunday dinner :)

But ever since I recently started going to my single's ward about a month ago, Sundays have just been elevated to a whole new level. Church is different for me now. It has helped me realize the Church is bigger than my home ward. The people in my new ward are great too though.
But now? I don't go to Church for the people. I go because I learn. And because I love learning the gospel. I love feeling the Spirit of learning the gospel.

Today was full of the Spirit. I started my Sabbath by going to listen to one of my best friends talk in sacrament meeting. He is leaving for his mission in about a week to Talahassee, Florida. It was so good. I learned while I listened to him and the others speak. I felt the Spirit. He will be a great missionary.

After visiting with friends at his house afterward, I went to my singles ward - we arrived just in time for sunday school. Again, I learned. Jessica Paulson taught about faith, among other things. I really admire how she magnifies her calling as a sunday school teacher. The Paulson's are such a great family. During the combined 3rd hour, I got to sit by her little sister, Janene. They're all just wonderful people. The day I start smiling, crying, and giggling a lot.... that will be the day I know I've become as good as the Paulson's. Their whole family is amazing.

Anyway, the 3rd hour was the best of all. Brother Luse? (I think that's his name) gave an incredible lesson on the importance of the temple. When I say incredible, I mean it was seriously so inspiring. I learned so much and the Spirit was so strong. The Spirit of learning is the best feeling in the world, and it was definately present.

The lesson was of particular importance to me because I'm scheduled to recieve my endownments in the temple this Friday evening. I cannot wait. The temple is crucial to our eternal happiness, folks. It is there that we learn and grow. We will further learn of God's plan for us. We will learn to become Christlike, and learn to live happily.

I could continue talking about my Sundays and how wonderful they are all night, but this post would be super long if I did that. I will tell you about those things some other time. But for now, I want to leave you with one word of advice.

Learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment