Monday, February 18, 2013

¡Me quedo!

Fammmmmily. You`re the greatest!! I love you all! Sounds like Katie is just tearin` it up in high school - I give you props in german and choir especially :) As for Scotty, I feel your braces pain. I still remember the day I got mine on. Mom put roast beef and mashed potatoes in a blender my first Sunday with braces so I could enjoy Grandma`s and Grandpa`s famous Sunday dinner. Ah! Speaking of Grandma, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I hope you all had an awesome Valentine`s day as well.
Mission Confrence with Elder Christofferson
So, as for my week, it`s been a good one. Tonight, we are saying goodbye to Elder Gonzalez. It`s been a good 3ish weeks in a trio, but he`s headed back off to work in Aguadulce. Now, Elder Aguirre and I are ready to hit the ground running with another full change ahead of us together! Since Elder Rich, this will be the longest I`ve ever been with the same companion. I told President and the assistants that I wanted to stay another change here in Penonomè - our work is not done here. We`ve seen some sweet success with our investigators this week - especifically with Monica..... her mom said that she now has dad`s permission to get baptized! Like I mentioned last week, following the advice of Omni 1:26 has really worked. We`ve been fasting every Saturday/Sunday, and what do you know! We are going to visit them this week with branch President Archireali to get the final say. Pray for Monica!

Another fun success we`ve seen is with a girl named Stefany. She`s currently 8 months pregnant and we just found her - niece of a member. She agreed to a baptismal date and I think we`ll wait till after she gives birth to her first son :) Whoo! She`ll take him to church every week and then he`ll go on a mission. That`s the goal, folks. Besides her, Lina`s marriage papers are coming along.... slowly. But hey, 23 of March. That`s the day planned. We might move it up if it processes quicker. Lastly, our beloved Hna. Andrèa Quiros - our cocinera - did her part as a member this week! Gave us an incredible reference! His name is Norberto Castillo - man this guy is intelligent. He`s blind too - imagìnanse. The difficult part is gonna be getting him to church cuz he lives in a weird, rocky place - being blind, it`s kinda tough for him. But man - he is some priesthood material who could seriously help this branch. The other hard part is he can`t read The Book of Mormon because of his blindness. But hey! Is there anything The Lord can`t do?

So speaking of The Book of Mormon..... man. I LOVE that book. What a perfectly inspired, perfectly preserved piece of God`s history with His children that he decided to give us in these last days as PROOF of The Restoration. Reading that book is like my favorite part of the day. I`m currently in King Benjamin`s speech again and I can`t wait for what`s up ahead. Abinadi, and then, Alma and Amulek! The Book of Mormon.... I am so grateful for the testimony God has helped me to develop of it here in the mission.

Well this email is ending, but I can`t go another week without sharing with you all my recently new-found favorite quote of all time - thanks for "Stand a Little Taller" by Gordon B. Hinckley. Here it is: " Adulation is poisen. It is so very important that you do not let praise and adulation go to your head. Never lose sight of the fact that The Lord put you where you are according to His design, which you don`t fully understand. Acknowledge The Lord for whatever good you can accomplish and give Him the credit and the glory." Bam. Pride - the original sin.... don`t let it get to you.  I almost forgot!!! I recieved the GREATEST package in the mail this week..... the 2013 calender from Adam!!!!! Tell him thank you so so so very much. :)  I love you all so much!!! Have a great week and keep being the Clarke family that we`re all proud of.

Love you!

-Elder Steve Clarke

P.S.... My patriarchal blessing has saved me again these past weeks. What a blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment