Monday, August 12, 2013

How much closer to Costa Rica could I be?

Sup, fam!!!!!! Ah - my new roomates have got me talkin´ like that.

Anyway, how are you all doing?! I loved reading what everyone was/is up to! Mas que todo, so cool to see those pics of all the missionaries returning home! SO cool you guys went and saw Elder Fowlks and Elder Follette.  Elder Follette is so great - one of my fav. companions. He actually wrote me this week and told me about meeting you guys - mostly that Dad just kept making him laugh.... haha.

Also, REALLY cool to see Elder Hyde return home. Man, I can´t wait to chill with him at BYU. You can see the light of Christ in that guy´s face - he´s an inspiring friend. You´ll have to tell me how his homecoming talk goes.

I´m glad you guys were able to go on a cool trip! This is just another example of what great parents you are - continuing to make family memories with the younger kids. You guys are gonna have to give me parenting lessons. How´d the mini-vacation go though? I hope good.  CONGRATS on your 23rd anniversary!!! So sweet. The temple is a good way to spend celebrate it. The only bad thing about that number is that it means I will be 23 years old in 2 years.

Well.... now I´ll talk a little bit about what´s happened to me this past week! I´m so sorry for the lack of email last week - I´ll try to make up for it ahora. So.... changes were on Wednesday..... and I was sent to...... BOCAS DEL TORO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whoo!!! I actually asked the assistants to send me out far (the only thing I´ve ever requested in the mission). I have always wanted to come out to the far interior, and I´d never had the chance! I was afraid I might not ever get to see it, but luckily I´m out here in Changuinola, Bocas now. There is a decent-to-good chance I might finish the mission out here. COOL! Bocas is like the farthest province away from the city, and we´re right next-door to Costa Rica! I definitely plan on going and visiting the border one of these upcoming P-days. Also, they sent me here as zone leader again (not really what I was expecting, pero bueno - more lessons to learn! I´m excited.), and my companion is Elder Olivas, from El Salvador. He was born in Nicaragua but lived practically his whole life in El Salvador. Wanna here a cool stat? We started the mission in the SAME district, at the SAME time. I've literally known him since my first district meeting. He is a definite bro - a really cool guy. I'm excited for the change.

Also, for the first time in my mission, I am now living in a house of 4. Whoa! Talk about different. Everything is a little bit different in a house of 4, haha. I am liking it so far though - mostly because this other companionship is SO tight. Two gringos - Elder Seegmiller from Las Vegas, Nevada, and Elder Houghton, from Provo, Utah! Ya!! These guys are SO hilarious. They are the perfect companionship, and they have more fun doing the mission work than just about anyone else I've ever seen. They are gonna be good friends of mine for life I think. Lastly, after my ankle heals, Elder Seegmiller and I are gonna start going to play bball in the mornings at the chapel. Can you say awesome way to end the mission? I'm pretty pumped.

Lastly, I wanna talk about a BAPTISM we've got coming up!! This Saturday! Her name is Yenni. Man - really cool story about her. I feel really privileged to be part of her baptism. I´ll have to tell you about it next week. I feel like The Lord is too nice to me sometimes - it seems like every time I arrive to a new area, we usually have a baptism pretty soon afterward. What a blessing!

I love you guys - I hope you all have a great week. And read the scriptures! The BOM is the key.
 
Hasta luego,
 


-Elder Clarke

No comments:

Post a Comment